Global support grows across the financial and energy sectors for Project East Africa 2019
Rand Merchant Bank, Development Bank of Southern Africa, Citibank, Uganda Development Bank, UBA Group and the International Energy Forum (IEF) have all confirmed they will join two days of discussions hosted by The Ugandan Prime Minister, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives, and Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development, Uganda at Project East Africa 2019 to communicate and debate urgent development plans in the financing of large scale power and utility projects across East Africa.
The Rt Hon Dr. Ruhakana Rugunda, Prime Minister, Republic of Uganda will be welcoming all national utility companies, power regulators, developers, finance providers, DFI's, multi laterals, private / public equity funds, EPC's, major construction companies, lawyers and consultants to the event, for two days of debate, working platforms and private meetings.
The programme will cover:
- Current and upcoming Government development plans
- Key finance and investment opportunities
- Core value and analysis of "Bankable Opportunities"
- Debate and interaction with utility and regulatory bodies
- Generation opportunities and challenges, national and local
- Opportunities in cross border power sharing agreements
- Transmission and distribution projects
- Off grid rural electrification initiatives
- Local content requirements and support initiatives
Prime Minister's Working Dinner
In addition to the summit, the Prime Minster will host an exclusive invitation only private working dinner with the Minister of Energy and Mineral Development and Minister of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives to selected c-suite public / private investors and the wider value chain for an evening discussing actionable plans surrounding the financial structuring and delivery of major upcoming power and utility projects.
Joining this exclusive working evening will be;
- Hon. Eng. Irene Muloni, Minister of Energy & Mineral Development
- Hon. Amelia Kyambadde, Minister of Trade Industry and Cooperatives
- Hon. Matia Kasaija, Minister of Finance, Uganda
- Dr Sun Xiansheng, Secretary General, International Energy Forum
- Felix Okoboi, Chairman of the Board, UDB
- James R Formby, Chief Executive Officer Rand Merchant Bank
- Emeke E Iweriebor, CEO-UBA East and Southern Africa, and Executive Director, UBA Group
- Sarah Arapta, Managing Director, Citibank Uganda
- Deborah R. Malac, U.S. Ambassador to Uganda
Secure Your Involvement and Save 10% on Delegate Places
Project East Africa takes place at the Kampala Serena Hotel 20 - 21 March 2019.
Involvement in the summit is limited. To secure your position on the main agenda, align your meeting schedule ahead of the event, or to hear more, visit our website or contact the Event Director Dan Grogan: email: email@example.com| Tel +447881344662. Quote code PARTNER10 for 10% off delegate places.
Programme placement and dinner invitations are currently being allocated by the Prime Minister's office, if you would like to join the summit, we are asking that all applicants revert as soon as possible to secure a seat from the remaining positions.